We believe that auditing is more than formalization. It is the need to protect our customers’ businesses and help them to prosper.
We are also prepared for the complexities of negotiations, ensuring that our customers are protected in any transaction by way of pre-empting, communicating and solving problems – the fundamental characteristics guiding our work.
We offer consistency in our services, based on a deep understanding of the essence of our clients’ businesses through rigorous evaluations, process diagnostics and audit simulations, building excellent client relationships and trust. This quality-oriented approach ensures the intelligence and constructiveness needed for your company to succeed.
We strongly believe that auditing should be viewed as an opportunity rather than a burden, as the benefits gained are clear – offering an excellent standard of service with ethics and focus, while applying techniques of excellence.
Our Audit services include:
– Due diligence and other pre-established procedures.
– Support for company acquisition and sale transactions.
Projections and Forecasts Audit
– Controls assurance reports for service-providers.
– Audit of internal controls for SOX compliance.
– Assurance of financial statements
The objective is to issue an independent opinion on an entity’s financial statements in conformity with financial reporting frameworks (NBC, IFRS, US GAAP, among others).
The adoption of auditing, apart from being mandatory by Law for large companies, also has the following beneficial objectives:
- Adoption of best practices in corporate governance (transparency)
- Increased credibility in the figures sent to interested parties (banks, suppliers, partners, customers and others)
- Improvement in bank ratings, with the possibility of reducing interest rates
- Agility in merger, acquisition and sale transactions
– Internal and External Audit
– R&D Auditing
The purpose of this service is to issue a Consolidated Report and Conclusive Opinion on “Annual Reports” (AR) prepared by companies benefiting from Law No. 8,248 of 23/10/1991 and Law 8,387 of 31/12/1991.
In addition to counting on a specialized, multidisciplinary team, Baker Tilly is accredited in Brazil by the MCTIC (Ministry of Science, Technology, Innovations and Communications) and the MDIC (Ministry of Economy), by the ordinances 3,643/18 and 1,851/18, respectively.
– PPB (Basic Manufacturing Process) Auditing
– Accountability Auditing
– Other Assurance services
– We support our clients and law firms in legal disputes, arbitrations and investigations.
Judicial and Extrajudicial Expertise
Previously-Agreed Procedure Projects
IFRS and US GAAP
Accounting Compliance and Financial Presentation Preparation
– Statutory disclosure services (submission of statutory financial statements).
– Varied accounting support to assist in internal financial functions, including:
Conversion of accounting principles adopted by a group to locally adopted principles.
Accounting entries after General Ledger closure, such as assistance in closing out periods, compiling balance sheets, reconciliations, and data collection and analysis.
– Conversion of accounting principles and tax matters adopted by a group to locally adopted principles (Group-to-local GAAP-to-tax conversion), in cooperation with professionals from the EY Tax department.
Climate Change and Sustainability Services
– Social Impact
– Procurement Chain
– Tax Implications
Financial Accounting Consulting Services
– Impacts of new accounting standards
– Conversion of financial statements
– Complex accounting matters
Financial Reporting Audit
Fraud and Dispute Investigation Services
– Fraud investigation
– Corporate Compliance
– Litigation support services